Barista Level 1 - Calgary
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
Duration: 3.5 hours
Who is this course for:
- You want to learn about and work in specialty coffee
- For Beginners to Advanced, all ages
Curriculum: This class creates consistency through step by step instructions that are presented written and hands-on. Even if you have barista experience, we recommend taking this class to correct any flaws in your coffee making technique, which can and will affect consistency. Without consistency, each and every customer gets a different tasting drink.Some Topics covered:
- Essentials of espresso, tools and equipment
- Equipment Knowledge
- Grinder differences, efficiencies and burr sets
- What is espresso, its history, fundamental theories and preparation
- Defining what is drip, pour over, press pot, french press, moka pot, stove top espresso
- Espresso Fundamentals
- International Definition of Espresso
- How to pull a consistent technically correct espresso shot
- Preparing Drinks To Standards
- What Espresso is and is not
- How to Grind, Dose and Tamp
- Learn to troubleshoot coffee
- Foundational barista knowledge
- Milk texturing and microfoaming technique and principles
Registration: Pre-registration required, no dropins.
Class Sizes are small with most of the class time being hands on giving you lots of time to learn.
Specials: Buy all 4 barista levels and save.
Private Groups: We can accommodate private group training on weekdays and weekends - just ask and we are happy to schedule your course to work best for your coffee business needs.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion and a printed take away barista training notebook.