Barista Level 4 - Toronto
Prerequisite: Barista Level 1, 2 and 3, no exceptions
Duration: 3 hours
Who is this course for:
- You want to learn about and work in specialty coffee
- For Beginners to Advanced, all ages
Curriculum: This is a practical, down-to-earth class that will cover simple to expert complex latte art designs. You will try your hand many times at creating your own artistic milk masterpiece! Barista instructors demonstrate and share coffee bar skills and secrets with you while explaining clearly the techniques of Latte Art. Milk temperature, texturing and pouring skills will be reviewed as well.Some Topics covered:
- What is the real true value of the barista
- Adapting to and adjusting for retention, dosing, tamping and flow
- Espresso preparation as the perfect foundation for latte art
- Learn and practice Latte Art for the Moon, Heart, Detailed Heart, Rosetta and Tulip
- Many ways to refine your abilities to pour
- Advanced barista techniques
- Equipment and Espresso Fundamentals
- Preparing all Drinks To Standards
- Milk texturing and microfoaming technique and principles
- Dialing in coffee by taste
- Latte and cappuccino milk texturing principals
- One-person bar and two-person bar practice
- Equipment cleanliness and maintenance
Registration: Pre-registration required, no dropins.
Class Sizes are small with most of the class time being hands on giving you lots of time to learn.
Specials: Buy all 4 barista levels and save.
Private Groups: We can accommodate private group training on weekdays and weekends - just ask and we are happy to schedule your course to work best for your coffee business needs.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion and a printed take away barista training notebook.