Espresso + Entrepreneur Online
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
This is a 3 hour live and online crash course for coffee entrepreneur’s and baristas looking to go into the cafe business. You will learn how and what to plan for with business advice and inspiration from real people, not just a pre-recorded lesson. Essential knowledge that you need to get serious about opening your coffee shop.
This course does not replace our in-person “Opening a Coffee Business Course” but provides a baseline for those people wanting to start the process of planning their cafe project. Don't forget to ask us for your credit towards the in-person course.
We will use a virtual meeting room where students and teachers meet together to communicate with voice, video and slideshow. Questions are encouraged at all times during the class with a Question and Answer period also reserved at the end of each section to support the discussion of the content covered.
Some Course Content and Agenda to be covered:
- What is the Canadian landscape of Coffee and where do you fit into it?
- What Do You Bring To The Table ?
- Your Relevant Skills
- Current trends and Customer Expectations
- Gathering Intelligence
- What to look for and how to choose a Coffee Roaster for your Establishment
- Understanding and Developing Your Vision
- Drink Menu, Equipment and Costs
- Case Studies
- The Definition of Espresso
- Espresso Theory and Fundamentals
- Q & A