Opening a Coffee Business (2days) - Toronto
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
Location: Select from the dropdown '2 days In-Person' OR '2 days Online'. The course content is the same regardless if you take it in-person or online.
Who is this course for:
- New startups
- Entrepreneurs that purchased an existing business,
- People who own a location and dream of opening a cafe but don't know where to start,
- Current Coffee shop owners and operators
Day 1 class times 10:30 am to 4 pm
Day 2 class times 10:30 am to 4 pm
Registration: Please reach out by email or phone 416-844-9913 so we can arrange dates for your course. We can accommodate all different time zones, times of days, weekdays and weekends - just ask and we are happy to schedule your course to work best for your personal schedule.
Curriculum: This course is designed to help you plan, design and critically think through the process of opening your own cafe.
Business is much more complicated then in past decades. You are now competing against people and large coffee-chain businesses that have sophisticated ways of collecting and analyzing data to compete against you.
We are here to teach you to manage your risk and increase your chances for success by teaching you the science of business versus relying on your feelings and gut instincts.
We understand the challenges that you face in this pandemic economy. Understandably, you may be feeling apprehension with your coffee shop project.
The harsh reality is, just like what is happening on our financial markets today, from this pandemic there will emerge some opportunities.
Some coffee shops or retail lease locations may suddenly come available. So our best advice to you is to do some homework now, and not wait until it's too late.
This course is designed to accelerate your projects to allow you to be more prepared to jump at opportunities as they arise. We will answer all your questions with personalized advice and take you through our most important coffee business course content, for both new startups, purchasing existing businesses and for those owners and operators that want guidance on navigating out of this very difficult time.Some of the topics covered:
- Your competitive advantages
- Canadian coffee market
- Customer expectations and who they are
- Specialty Coffee
- Quality Control
- Service Models
- What to look for, what to avoid and how to gather Intelligence the correct way
- All about the competition
- Drink, food menu and equipment related decisions
- Choosing your equipment suppliers, espresso machine and coffee roaster
- Finding a location, choosing a general contractor, tradespeople and case studies
- Marketing, Promotions, Holiday planning and Branding
- People Management, Staff Training & Fostering a Barista Culture
- Managing Your Numbers
Important: If you are thinking about taking this 2 day course, then you should consider our Coffee Business and Barista Training Package (4days). In the 4 day package you get the Complete Barista Training Bundle and this Opening a Coffee business course - which is by far our most comprehensive and popular course for learning how to own and operate your own cafe