Coffee Business and Barista Training Bundle - Online
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
Class Schedule: Select from the Calendar. If you can't find a date that suits you let us know and we will work with you to schedule a class time that does.
This Bundled course consists of 5 classes and when purchased as a bundle you receive the discount:
Click the Links below for descriptions:
- Opening a Cafe course
- Coffee Tasting Level I Class
- Barista Level 1: Basic Espresso Training
- Barista Level 2: Advanced Barista Workshop
- Barista Level 3: Expert Workshop
Opening a Cafe Course:
This course is a combination of lecture, group discussion, cupping coffee, tasting workshop and activities, all of which are designed to help you critically think through the process of opening your own cafe.
- Franchises good or bad (if you are considering buying a franchise you need to take this course)
- Canadian Coffee Market
- What is Specialty Coffee Quality
- Gather Intelligence the right way
- Drink, Food, Menu and Equipment related decisions
- Finding a location, Build out and Case Studies
- Controls including beverages, food, cash, inventory & payroll
- Choosing your Roaster
- Branding, Marketing, Holiday planning & Promotions
- Staff Training & Fostering a Barista Culture Service Models
- Customer Expectations
- Managing Your Numbers and Quantifying the Results
- What is Freshness and its importance
- Q & A throughout the class as well as sectioned off times for it specifically
- AND so much more
Coffee Tasting Level I:
An Introduction to Coffee & Exposing Coffee Myths
This is one of our best courses, all our students rave about this, and we consider it such an essential course, that we include it for free in our opening coffee business packages which is always held on day 2 of the opening a cafe business course.
This workshop will give you the tools you need to train your staff in basic coffee knowledge; how to interview and work with roasters; and educate your customers.
Fun, hands on and interactive, this class involves using all your senses. This course will answer all the questions you were never sure about in coffee. Despite being the most consumed drink in the world, very few people know anything about coffee. All we know are advertising factoids and propaganda. Why do people drink the coffee they drink? Can people taste? In this class we pull back the curtain and reveal the real truth about coffee.
- Basic coffee agronomy and processing
- Regional Coffee Profiles
- Tasting exercises
- Understanding your palate
- How to talk about coffee flavours
- Blind Cupping
- Comparative Cupping
- Cupping for quality
- Choosing a Roaster
Barista Level I:
The barista training level one class will correct any flaws in your coffee making technique, which can and will affect consistency. Without consistency, each and every customer gets a different tasting drink. Barista Level I creates consistency through fundamentally sound technique that is well established through step by step instructions written and hands-on.
- Coffee myths
- Fundamental theories of Espresso Preparation
- Espresso equipment
- Essentials of espresso
- Consistency - producing a technically correct drink
- How to grind, dose and tamp
- Milk texturing principals
- Basics of beverage preparation
- Machine Maintenance
Barista Level II:
Advanced Barista Workshop
This class expands on the fundamentals practised in Barista Level 1.
You will learn to manipulate techniques to enhance taste and fine-tune the technically correct drink. Our advanced barista training level II course prepares the student for the challenges in Barista Level three.
- How should Espresso taste?
- Roasters influence on taste
- Grinders role in affecting taste
- Machine engineering and taste
- Baristas impact on taste
- Milk Chemistry
- Building your drinks: cappuccino, lattes, signature drinks
- Latte Art demonstration
- Detailed equipment maintenance
Barista Level III:
Professional barista instructors share their coffee bar skills and secrets with you while explaining clearly the techniques of Latte Art. Milk temperature, texturing and pouring skills will be reviewed as well.
This is a practical, down-to-earth class that will cover simple to expert complex latte art designs. You will try your hand many times at creating your own artistic milk masterpiece!
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy for all classes given and includes printed take-away books.
Maximum Class Size: For your safety we have changed our class sizes due to COVID. Our Teacher to student ratio is 2:1
Learn more about our COVID Class size changes and what to expect in a class here: https://canadianbaristainstitute.com/blogs/news/covid-19
Classes include printed take-away material.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy.
Vancouver: A wide variety of Accommodation is available nearby Vancouver Coffee Academy
Click here to learn about our Refund Policy