A number of permits and licences may or may not be required to open and operate in Canada. Use the https://www.bizpal.ca/ website to streamline the process, learn what you may need to start or grow your business including permits and licences. Follow the links below for specific information related to each province and territory in Canada:
Northwest Territories: https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/northwest-territories/
British Columbia: https://www.bcbizpal.ca/
New Brunswick: https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/new-brunswick/
Newfoundland and Labrador: https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/newfoundland-and-labrador/
Nova Scotia: https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/nova-scotia/
Prince Edward Island: https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/prince-edward-island/
Yukon : https://www.bizpal.ca/en/partners/yukon/
A few More Questions Beyond permits and licenses that you will need to consider:
- Will you need a commercial kitchen ?
- Do you need ventilation ?
- Menu ?
- What is your ideal capacity ?
- On site parking ?
- Lease budget ?
- Purchase Budget?
- Build-out construction budget ?
- Secure financing ?
- Permits and Licenses waiting time frame in your Municipality?
- Which neighbourhood are you most interested in?
- Business plan ?
- Design lookbook?
- Samples of materials for Contractor and Landlord review ?
- Advertising and Marketing plan ?
- Investment plan ?
- Exit strategy ?
- Food safety plan developed ?
- Food Safe (Level 1 or 2) ?
- Liquor licence ?
- Serving It Right ?
- Professionals Needed?
- Real Estate Lawyer
- Corporate bank account
- What Suppliers will you need ?
- accounts created now ?