Our Foster Barista Support Program is exclusively offered to our Business students-Alumni only. It is an after class service we offer by phone, video conference and email.
Whatever you need to talk about we are here to help support, council you through your business decisions, setup and daily operations.
Some possible topics of discussion you may be interested in:
- Layout Design
- Barista Training Questions
- Machine Selection and Purchasing
- Human Resources
- Grinder 101, Espresso diagnostics, Drip Coffee & Latte Art
- POS & Cash Handling
- Customer Service & Culture
- Food Handling, Hygiene & Sanitation
- Equipment Maintenance & Cleaning
- Merchandising & Sales Analysis
- Develop Opening & Closing Sheets
- Inventory & Re-ordering
Some areas for Coffee Roasting discussion:
- Equipment, safety procedures and physical processes
- Overview of green coffee and analysis; single origin, fair trade organic, packaging, suppliers and business
- Profile roasting, Roast profile variables, development, three phases and analysis
- Roasting for Espresso, Drip, Pour Over for retail and/or commercial scale
- Consistency, cupping, solubility testing and quality control
- Inventory and production management
If you are interested in personalized business consulting services we offer unbiased information and strategies for your coffee business to meet its highest potential.
Note, that we offer a descending price scale based on the retainer size. And, there is no 'end date' to your retainer. Once purchased you can take as long as you want to use your retainer with our services.
Maximum Class Size:
For your safety we have changed our class sizes due to COVID. Our Teacher to student ratio is 2:1
Learn more about our COVID Class size changes and what to expect in a class here: https://canadianbaristainstitute.com/blogs/news/covid-19
Classes include printed take-away material.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy.