Opening a Coffee Business (2days) - Calgary
Class Times: Day 1 from 10am to 6pm and Day 2 from 10am to 5pm. Lunch is included
Prerequisite: No prior experience required
This course is a combination of lecture, group discussion, cupping coffee, tasting workshop and activities, all of which are designed to help you critically think through the process of opening your own cafe.
- Franchises good or bad (if you are considering buying a franchise you need to take this course)
- Canadian Coffee Market
- What is Specialty Coffee Quality
- Gather Intelligence the right way
- Drink, Food, Menu and Equipment related decisions
- Business Plan, Profit & Loss Statement
- Finding a location, Build out and Case Studies
- Controls including beverages, food, cash, inventory & payroll
- Choosing your Roaster
- Branding, Marketing, Holiday planning & Promotions
- Staff Training & Fostering a Barista Culture Service Models
- Customer Expectations
- Managing Your Numbers and Quantifying the Results
- What is Freshness and its importance
- Q & A throughout the class as well as sectioned off times for it specifically
- AND so much more
Maximum Class Size: Limited to 6 per instructor.
Classes include printed take-away material.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion from the Canadian Barista and Coffee Academy.
Vancouver: A wide variety of Accommodation is available nearby Vancouver Coffee Academy