Barista Level 2 - Calgary
Prerequisite: Barista Level 1, no exceptions
Duration: 4 hours
Who is this course for:
- You want to learn about and work in specialty coffee
- For Beginners to Advanced, all ages
Curriculum: Practice, practice and more practice. This class expands all the technical fundamentals you learnt in Barista Level 1. You will learn to perfect and manipulate techniques to enhance taste and fine-tune the technically correct drink. Our Advanced barista training level 2 course prepares the student for the challenges presented in Barista Level 3.
Some Topics covered:
- Espresso Machine and Grinder technical standards and requirements
- Pulling a consistent shot – grind adjustment, tamping the coffee puck level
- Espresso drink names, sizes and recipes: Building, Making and Tasting Ristretto, Normale and Lungo and Americano
- How should Espresso taste
- Roasters influence on taste
- Dose and Grinders role in affecting taste
- Machine engineering and taste
- Baristas impact on taste
- Milk based drink names, sizes and recipes: Building, making and tasting macchiato, cappuccino, latte, cortado, flat white
- Preparing Drinks To Standards
- Milk texturing and microfoaming technique and principles
- Latte Art Instruction, Demonstration and Practise
- Essential barista knowledge
Registration: Pre-registration required, no dropins.
Class Sizes are small with most of the class time being hands on giving you lots of time to learn.
Specials: Buy all 4 barista levels and save.
Private Groups: We can accommodate private group training on weekdays and weekends - just ask and we are happy to schedule your course to work best for your coffee business needs.
Class attendees receive a certificate of completion and a printed take away barista training notebook.